The Illinois Public Energy Agency (IPEA) was created in 2005 to serve the needs of the state’s municipal gas utilities that own and operate their own natural gas systems. IPEA offers natural gas supply and the associated services required to keep these systems at their competitive peak.
Through better management of pipeline assets, hedging programs, and reduction of administrative costs, IPEA achieves significant savings for its participants.
IPEA Mission Statement:
To provide municipal utilities with a stable, reliable, environmentally-sensitive energy supply at the lowest reasonable cost.
The Value of IPEA Membership:
IPEA has formed a strategic marketing alliance with ProLiance Energy. ProLiance has extensive gas procurement, transportation and management capabilities and is a vital part of IPEA’s service to its participants.
In tandem with ProLiance IPEA can offer:
- Hedging strategies that can lower your cost versus the market or at least make costs predictable
- Use of municipal bonding to purchase gas and/or construct facilities
- Lower administrative charges resulting in lower prices to your community
- Economic development and key account support for your community
- Natural gas prepayment programs